Los Angeles, California
|phone||866-664-3055 (Toll Free)|
Matthew McNicholas is a partner with McNicholas & McNicholas. After graduating from law school, Matthew was law clerk to United States District Court Judge William J. Rea, Central District of California, for a one year term.
Matthew attending Loyola High School, received his B.A. from UCLA with honors and graduated from Loyola Law School of Los Angeles.
Matthew was named as one of the Top 100 Lawyers in all of California, as well as being named one of the top 20 attorneys under the age of 40 in California in 2002, both by the Daily Journal (the legal newspaper for San Francisco and Los Angeles). Matthew has also been named a Super Lawyer by Los Angeles Magazine for nine straight years (2005-2014), a Fellow of the American College Trial Lawyers (admission by invitation only), and is a member of ABOTA, a prestigious, national peer-elected organization of trial lawyers. Click here. To check the Avvo rating for Matthew McNicholas click here.
His practice areas include: representing large groups of “mass” plaintiff in tort-based actions, toxic injury litigation, sexual assault and sexual abuse litigation, wrongful death, catastrophic injury, employment law (harassment, discrimination, and retaliation), consumer class actions, maritime law, Jones Act, LHWCA, landlord-tenant habitability and nuisance cases, civil rights, and products liability.
Matthew has represented various high profile and high-worth individuals in a variety of actions, including employment-related issues, non-payment of commissions at the close of investment banking deals, and suffers of catastrophic injuries. He also is Panel Counsel to the Los Angeles Police Protective League, working with the union on select high-profile, high-value, and strategic matters.
Some notable results include the following:
- $32,000,000 - Separation package for client leaving her job and moving to new employment.
- $30,000,000 -Sexual Abuse Settlement against Miramonte school.
- $9,000,000 settlement for 26-year-old plaintiff recovered against international company for a brain injury suffered as the passenger in a single-vehicle accident.
- $8,825,000 - Verdict on behalf of the 4 children of man fatally shot by police View the article
- $8,000,000 - 27 tenants recovered against their landlord for breach of covenant of habitability, nuisance and negligence for substandard conditions and mold-related injuries View the article
- $5,340,000 - African-American plaintiff recovered for racial harassment, discrimination, and retaliation against the LAPD Bomb Squad View the article
- $5,100,000 settlement for truck driver against two entities that repaired a portion of his truck that did not operate properly, causing head injury
- $3,600,000 verdict for LAPD K9 Bomb Unit dog handler retaliated against for standing up for the lone female in the Unit who was harassed and discriminated against. View the Thomson West article. View the Los Angeles Times article.
- $3,450,000 - Seaman was injured in boatyard while performing maintenance and yearly repairs on vessel View the article
- $3,297,000 - Verdict in wrongful death claim when decedent was killed in a loading dock by an 18-wheel truck.
- $3,150,000 - Farm laborers exposed to a soil fumigant during a single application causing acute symptoms
- $2,300,000 verdict for female LAPD officer who was subjected to sexual harassment, causing pre-term labor that led to the loss of her child at 23-weeks.
- $2,250,000 - 3 female employees within the same unit of the LAPD recovered for discriminatory and retaliatory actions
- $2,200,000 - Young boy recovered against his school as a result of being sexually assaulted in the school bathroom by another student
- $2,000,000 - Family recovered against truck driver for striking and killing their 64-yeard -old mother while crossing the street
- $1,800,000 - Female motorist was forced to have sexual intercourse with a uniformed peace officer who threatened legal recourse against her if she refused
- $1,400,000 - Settlement for father of 9 year old boy ejected and killed in a motor vehicle accident while not wearing a seat belt
- $1,250,000 - 30 tenants recovered against their landlord for breach of the implied covenant of habitability and nuisance
- $1,250,000 - 88 year old woman killed while crossing street by California Department of Corrections bus View the article