John P. McNicholas
Founding Partner John McNicholas has more than five decades of experience representing plaintiffs in the areas of catastrophic personal injury, employment law, class actions, sexual abuse and other consumer-oriented matters. He is a recognized leader with more than 150 jury verdicts and 20 reported appellate decisions in copyright infringement, breach of contract, medical malpractice, pharmaceutical and aviation cases.
Mr. McNicholas has obtained millions in verdicts and settlements. His clients include the Vatican, Ronald Isley of the Isley Brothers, former U.S. Congressman Andrew J. Hinshaw, Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac, former L.A. Dodger pitcher Carlos Lopez and the late movie mogul King Vidor.
Among his many notable contributions to the legal community, Mr. McNicholas is a frequent lecturer and panelist on litigation procedure, evidence and related trial subjects for programs sponsored by the State Bar of California, the Los Angeles County Bar Association and other trial bar associations.
He also served as Adjunct Professor of Trial Advocacy at Loyola Law School, where he received the prestigious Board of Governor’s Award for outstanding contributions to society, the practice of law and service to the school. In 2009, he received honorary membership in Loyola Law School’s chapter of the Order of the Coif, a national legal honor society.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
- Bachelor of Arts: University of California, Los Angeles
- Loyola High School
Honors & Awards
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”
- Best Lawyers in America©
- American Board of Trial Advocates – Los Angeles Chapter’s First Civility Award
- American Board of Trial Advocates Civility Award
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Loyola Law School’s Board of Governor’s Award
- Daily Journal Top 100 Most Influential Attorneys in California
- Daily Journal Top 100 Lawyers
- Southern California Super Lawyers
- Southern California Super Lawyers Top 100 Lawyers
- Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition Top Attorneys in Business Litigation
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Diplomat
- American Board of Trial Advocates – Los Angeles Chapter, President
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Committee of Bar Examiners, Chair
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Los Angeles Superior Court, Temporary Judge
- Loyola Law School
- Advocacy Institute, Board of Overseers, Order of the Coif
- National Board of Trial Advocacy, Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate (A California Supreme Court-approved agency)
- Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference, Lawyer Representative
- State Bar Judicial Nominees Evaluation Commission
- Vice President, Review Committee, Board of Governors, Chair