With more than 25 years’ experience as a trial lawyer, Partner Patrick McNicholas exclusively represents victims in catastrophic injury, product liability, sexual assault and other consumer-oriented matters, such as civil rights and aviation disasters.
Mr. McNicholas has tried and settled numerous noteworthy cases, including a $44 million settlement for air crash victims, a $10.8 million jury verdict awarded to a minor molested by a school teacher, a $10 million jury verdict to a construction worker who suffered a compound femur fracture, a $6 million settlement on behalf of a family for the death of their father while working in an MTA tunnel, and many more.
Mr. McNicholas has authored a multitude of articles on various topics from the “Effective Use of Your Expert Witnesses” to “Preparing an Employment Case for Trial.” He serves on the Board of Directors for Urban Compass, an organization he co-founded that works tirelessly to provide a continuum of stability and support through education for kids living in the inner city.
Among his scholarly endeavors, Mr. McNicholas served as Student Body President at his alma mater, University of San Francisco, and was an intern with the White House prior to law school. Mr. McNicholas has also been a guest lecturer at Pepperdine University and has taught Trial Advocacy at Whittier College School of Law.
- Juris Doctor: McGeorge School of Law, Sacramento
- Bachelor of Arts: University of San Francisco
- Political Science
Honors & Awards
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”
- Southern California Super Lawyers
- Southern California Super Lawyers Top 100 Lawyers
- Benchmark Litigation California Litigation Star
- Benchmark Litigation Labor & Employment Litigation Star
Professional Associations & Memberships
- University of California Irvine Civil Justice Research Institute, Board of Advisors
- American Association for Justice Leaders Forum, Patron
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Board of Governors
- Board of Directors for Urban Compass, Member/Founder
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Board of Governors
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Board of Trustees
- University of San Francisco, Board of Trustees
- Los Angeles Trial Lawyers’ Charities, Honorary Board of Governors