Even though many people think that it only takes a quick internet search to find a motorcycle injury lawyer, the truth is that there are several different factors that go into this type of search. Motorcycle accidents can cause catastrophic injuries, such as the following:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Crushed bones
- Internal organ damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
Therefore, you need an attorney who is experienced and knowledgeable when it comes to motorcycle accidents, as well as understands the difficulties that your injuries will likely cause.
Factors to consider when choosing a Los Angeles motorcycle injury attorney
If you have been in a motorcycle accident, you need a professional motorcycle injury lawyer who will use their skills, training, and experience to represent you. While many lawyers on the internet may seem like a good fit for your case, there are certain factors that you may want to consider when choosing a Los Angeles motorcycle injury attorney, including:
- Reviews, experience, and reputation: When looking for the best attorney for your case, it is crucial that you find out about their experience and reputation. You can do this by asking friends or family members who have used the same attorney in the past, or you can simply look at reviews left by past clients. By doing this, you can make sure that the attorney has a good reputation.
- Location and areas served: It is extremely important that you reach out to attorneys who are located in your city or serve clients within your area. The last thing you want to do is waste your time calling lawyers who are out of state or located several hours from your home.
- Practice areas: Even though you may have heard great things about a certain lawyer in your area, you will need to make sure that they focus on motorcycle accidents. Each lawyer has certain practice areas – such as car accidents, dog bites, criminal defense, real estate, divorce, and more – in which they focus. Therefore, before you take the time to schedule a consultation with a specific lawyer, you should ensure that they are familiar with motorcycle accidents and the laws surrounding these issues.
Six tips to selecting the best motorcycle injury attorney in Los Angeles, CA
It may seem challenging to find the perfect motorcycle injury lawyer, but it is not impossible. These types of accidents can lead to severe and life-threatening injuries, which require compensation to get you through this stressful and overwhelming time in your life. It is critical that you select a qualified motorcycle injury attorney who has what it takes to stand up and fight for your right to the money you need to get back on your feet. Here are six tips to help you select the best motorcycle injury attorney in Los Angeles, CA:
- Do not put off searching for an attorney: The statute of limitations in California gives personal injury victims two years from the date of their injury to file a lawsuit. Therefore, you most likely have two years to file a motorcycle accident claim for your injuries. This means that you should not put off searching for an attorney to handle your case. If you continue to delay finding an attorney, you risk losing the right to sue and receiving compensation for your injuries forever. The sooner you reach out to a lawyer, the sooner they will be able to begin collecting evidence, building a strong case against the defendant, and securing the compensation you are owed.
- Do your research: It is very important that you take the time to sit down and start researching attorneys for your motorcycle case. Try not to rush this part of the process, as it simply takes time. In fact, it may take a few hours or days before you feel like you have a decent list of lawyers whose information you wish to know more.
- Interview several lawyers before making a decision: Once you have a list of lawyers who you are considering, you should set up phone calls or in-person meetings to interview each lawyer. You can bring certain information with you to these meetings, such as photographs, police reports, and medical records. Then, you can ask relevant questions, such as the type of legal options you have, whether the lawyer has ever taken on similar cases, how long the lawyer has been working with motorcycle accident victims, and more. These interviews and questions will help you narrow down your list to find the perfect attorney for your case.
- Find out about payment and fees: Before you choose a motorcycle accident attorney, do not forget to find out about payment and fees. This is an incredibly important step because you may think that one attorney is the perfect fit, but their prices may be beyond your budget.
- Ask about the attorney’s plan for your case: When you meet with an attorney, it is critical that you ask them about their potential plan for your case. This will give you an idea of what is likely to happen, what you should expect, whether you should hire them or not, and more.
- Ultimately, go with your gut: At the end of the day, you need to go with your gut on this decision. No matter how great a person looks on paper, you want to choose the attorney who makes you feel the most comfortable, cared, and listened to you.
If you have been severely injured in a motorcycle accident, contact McNicholas & McNicholas, LLP in Los Angeles at your earliest convenience. We have represented clients who have suffered serious motorcycle injuries for many years. We know how to advocate for your rights, fight for maximum compensation, and ensure that you receive the best available medical care for your injuries.
Submit our contact form or call our office today to schedule a free case evaluation. We will answer any questions or concerns that you may have as well as make sure you have the proper information you need to make an informed decision about our motorcycle injury attorneys.