Two of Partner Matthew McNicholas’ settlements were recognized in TopVerdict.com’s Top 100 Settlements in California in 2017. In one case, Matt secured a $950,000 settlement on behalf of an LAPD sergeant who was harassed and retaliated against for reporting the misuse of federal grant money. After several years of investigations, he was demoted and moved out of his department. The stated reason for his demotion was a single instance of inappropriately working overtime during his 24-year career with the LAPD.
In the second case, Matt secured a $900,000 settlement on behalf of an LAPD officer who was retaliated against for refusing to put false information in a search warrant and subsequently reporting the incident to her lieutenant.
TopVerdict.com recognizes U.S. law firms and attorneys who have obtained one of the highest jury verdicts, court awards or settlements in the nation or an individual state, in a particular area of law and year.
- Matthew McNicholas Named Among Daily Journal’s 2018 Top Plaintiff Lawyers
- Three McNicholas & McNicholas, LLP Attorneys Selected to Benchmark California Litigation Stars 2019
- McNicholas & McNicholas Ranked on 2019 “Best Law Firms” List by U.S. News – Best Lawyers
- Four McNicholas & McNicholas, LLP Attorneys Selected as 2019 Southern California Super Lawyers
- McNicholas & McNicholas’ Case Listed on TopVerdict.com’s Top 100 Verdicts and Top 20 Labor & Employment Verdicts in California for 2018
For more than three decades, McNicholas & McNicholas, LLP has built a reputation as one of California’s leading law firms. Founded by a family of attorneys spanning three generations, John McNicholas and sons, Patrick and Matthew, have tried hundreds of cases to jury verdict on behalf of clients. Learn More about McNicholas & McNicholas