Two of Partner Matthew McNicholas’ settlements were ranked among TopVerdict.com’s Top 20 Civil Rights Settlements in California in 2017. In Jackman v. City of Los Angeles, Matt secured a $900,000 settlement on behalf of an LAPD officer who was harassed and discriminated against in response to a request for medical leave. Matt also secured a $900,000 settlement in Morrison v. City of Los Angeles on behalf of an LAPD officer who experienced gender and sexual-based harassment, discrimination and retaliation for reporting inappropriate and unlawful practices within the LAPD.
TopVerdict.com recognizes law firms and attorneys who obtain the highest jury verdicts, settlements, court or arbitration awards in the U.S. or a particular state.
- #TimesUp Should Not Time Out: Taking a Stand to End Sexual Harassment, Discrimination and Retaliation
- Pro-Plaintiff SCOTUS Decision Stops Clock for State Claims Pending in Federal Court
- Age Discrimination: Seventh Circuit Court Says Applicant Can Bring ADEA Disparate Impact Claim
- Lawsuit Filed Against Los Angeles Fire Department For Racial Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation
- Revised Sexual Harassment Training Bill (And So Much More)
- New National Origin Discrimination Regulations Set Limitations To “English-Only” Rules
- $1.5 Million Settlement for Two Firefighter Recruits in Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Case
For more than three decades, McNicholas & McNicholas, LLP has built a reputation as one of California’s leading law firms. Founded by a family of attorneys spanning three generations, John McNicholas and sons, Patrick and Matthew, have tried hundreds of cases to jury verdict on behalf of clients. Learn More about McNicholas & McNicholas