Pepperdine Law School launched a temporary disaster relief clinic to assist the hundreds of Woolsey Fire victims who lost their homes and belongings in the devastating 2018 wildfire. In a segment on Pepperdine Law School’s TV show, Pepperdine News Waves, alumnus and Associate Justin Eballar discussed his pro bono work to aid victims in coping with their losses and rebuilding their lives, with Pepperdine Law student, Rachel Ripp.
“Being able to give back to the school and the surrounding community has been really rewarding,” said Eballar who worked with 13 victims through Pepperdine Law School’s disaster relief program.
Eballar, along with local student volunteers, professors, law firms and neighborhood legal services in LA county, provided legal services and advice to more than 100 victims on applications and appeals, contract issues, insurance matters, housing concerns and more.
- Lawsuit Filed Against Los Angeles Department of Water & Power For Victims of Creek Fires
- Lawsuit Filed Against Southern California Edison Company for Victims of Woolsey Wildfire
- LA Daily News, Daily Journal, MyNewsLA, La Opinion, ABC7 and More Report on Patrick McNicholas’ Lawsuit Against the LADWP and the City of Los Angeles
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. Hit With Lawsuit for Causing Deadly Camp/Paradise Wildfire
- CNN, USA Today, Fox, ABC, CBS and More Report on Patrick McNicholas’ Lawsuit Against Southern California Edison for Sparking Woolsey Fire
- What to Expect from the Passing of Governor Newsom’s Wildfire Utility Bill Law
- Lawsuit Filed Against LADWP for Getty Fire
- Law Firms Secure $13.5B Settlement From PG&E For Wildfire Victims
- The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Associated Press, KTLA, Telemundo and More Report on $13.5 Billion Settlement with PG&E to Compensate Wildfire Victims
For more than three decades, McNicholas & McNicholas, LLP has built a reputation as one of California’s leading law firms. Founded by a family of attorneys spanning three generations, John McNicholas and sons, Patrick and Matthew, have tried hundreds of cases to jury verdict on behalf of clients. Learn More about McNicholas & McNicholas