As reported by The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Associated Press, KTLA, Telemundo, and more, McNicholas & McNicholas, LLP, along with Frantz Law Group and Bridgford Gleason Artinian, helped secure a $13.5 billion settlement with Pacific Gas & Electric Company (PG&E) to compensate victims of wildfires caused by the utility company’s faulty equipment and negligence between 2015 and 2018.
The trio of law firms represent more than 5,500 victims of the Wine Country/North Bay Fires in November 2017, the Camp/Paradise Fire in November 2018 and assorted wildfires, and are among a select group of 13 firms representing more than 50,000 plaintiffs combined on inverse condemnation, negligence and wrongful death lawsuits against PG&E.
“[The settlement] is going to force PG&E to join the community of good corporate citizens,” said Partner Patrick McNicholas in his interview with KRON4. “Part and parcel to this settlement, PG&E is now going to have to invest billions of dollars in their infrastructure and safety which should have been done in the last 30 to 40 years.”
- Lawsuit Filed Against Los Angeles Department of Water & Power For Victims of Creek Fires
- Lawsuit Filed Against Southern California Edison Company for Victims of Woolsey Wildfire
- LA Daily News, Daily Journal, MyNewsLA, La Opinion, ABC7 and More Report on Patrick McNicholas’ Lawsuit Against the LADWP and the City of Los Angeles
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. Hit With Lawsuit for Causing Deadly Camp/Paradise Wildfire
- CNN, USA Today, Fox, ABC, CBS and More Report on Patrick McNicholas’ Lawsuit Against Southern California Edison for Sparking Woolsey Fire
- Associate Justin Eballar Featured on Pepperdine Law School’s TV Show for His Pro Bono Work on Behalf of Woolsey Fire Victims
- What to Expect from the Passing of Governor Newsom’s Wildfire Utility Bill Law
- Lawsuit Filed Against LADWP for Getty Fire
- Law Firms Secure $13.5B Settlement From PG&E For Wildfire Victims
For more than three decades, McNicholas & McNicholas, LLP has built a reputation as one of California’s leading law firms. Founded by a family of attorneys spanning three generations, John McNicholas and sons, Patrick and Matthew, have tried hundreds of cases to jury verdict on behalf of clients. Learn More about McNicholas & McNicholas