Partner Matthew McNicholas and Associate Abel Nair’s $1.5 million settlement in Carrillo v. City of Compton was ranked by TopVerdict.com among the Top 50 Largest Labor and Employment Settlements and Top 20 Civil Rights Settlements in California in 2018, as well as among the Top 50 Largest Labor & Employment Settlements in the United States in 2018.
McNicholas & McNicholas LLP represented two firefighter recruits with the Compton Fire Department who alleged that they were harassed, discriminated against and effectively terminated after requiring accommodation following work-related injuries.
TopVerdict.com recognizes U.S. law firms and attorneys who have obtained one of the highest jury verdicts, court awards or settlements in the nation or an individual state, in a particular area of law and year.
- John McNicholas to Receive Prestigious Patrick Cahalan Award from Loyola High School
- McNicholas & McNicholas Case Ranked Top 50 Car Accident Settlements in the Nation, 20 Premises Liability, Top 20 Car Accident and Top 50 Personal Injury Settlements in California for 2018 by TopVerdict.com
- McNicholas & McNicholas, LLP Named to U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” 2020
- Five McNicholas & McNicholas, LLP Attorneys Selected as 2020 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Four McNicholas & McNicholas, LLP Attorneys Recognized Among The Best Lawyers in America 2020
With more than 25 years’ experience as a trial lawyer, Partner Patrick McNicholas exclusively represents victims in personal injury, product liability, sexual assault and other consumer-oriented matters, such as civil rights, aviation disasters and class actions. Learn more about his professional background here.