Partner Matthew McNicholas and Senior Lawyer Juan Victoria’s $2 million settlement in Botton v. Los Angeles was ranked on three TopVerdict.com lists for the largest settlements in California in 2018, including Top 20 Largest Premises Liability Settlements, Top 20 Largest Car Accident Settlements and Top 50 Personal Injury Settlements. The case was also recognized among the Top 50 Car Accident Settlements in the Nation in 2018.
McNicholas & McNicholas LLP represented a woman who was hit by a car and severely injured while visiting the Venice Beach boardwalk. According to the lawsuit, a lack of defensive barriers along the boardwalk allowed the operator of the vehicle to drive his car onto the boardwalk and intentionally aim his vehicle at the thousands of pedestrians.
TopVerdict recognizes U.S. law firms and attorneys who have obtained one of the highest jury verdicts, court awards or settlements in the nation or an individual state, in a particular area of law and year.
- John McNicholas to Receive Prestigious Patrick Cahalan Award from Loyola High School
- McNicholas & McNicholas, LLP Named to U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” 2020
- McNicholas & McNicholas Case Ranked Top 50 Labor & Employment in the U.S. and CA; Top 20 Civil Rights Settlements in California for 2018 by TopVerdict.com
- Five McNicholas & McNicholas, LLP Attorneys Selected as 2020 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Four McNicholas & McNicholas, LLP Attorneys Recognized Among The Best Lawyers in America 2020
For more than three decades, McNicholas & McNicholas, LLP has built a reputation as one of California’s leading law firms. Founded by a family of attorneys spanning three generations, John McNicholas and sons, Patrick and Matthew, have tried hundreds of cases to jury verdict on behalf of clients. Learn More about McNicholas & McNicholas